OPERATION: world

Thursday, December 01, 2005 at 2:05 AM

This American Life

Hmm...I start out that way a lot. My mind is lost so this won't be very juicy. My brother enlightned me to a radio broadcast streamed online that is absolutely wonderful almost a year ago. Its called This American Life. I think when I was creating my avatar I had this in mind and came up with thisonelife. As I write this now I am listening to an episode previously broadcast. In fact that is what it is, its previously broadcasted radio program from WBEZ Chicago. Its a weekly program with insightful stories that are thought provoking and sometimes controversial. I think of it like an audio version of Dateline NBC. Host Ira Glass has somewhat of a dry sense of humor which I too may have. He chooses sometimes off the wall subjects and has 3 stories that relate to the topic. In between segments he plays some hokie song. At the end he has a quip of a clip that's humorous. If you are online alot I highly recommend sitting down and listening and searching through these broadcasts. At an hour long maybe only a segment is all you can handle but there is something here for everyone. They have broadcasts going back 10 years. I recommend finding something in 03-05 these shows are well polished and current. When he has other staff on the show its really good, sarcasm and wit is plentiful.



www.thislife.org

www.thisamericanlife.org

At times it almost seems moral but somewhat liberal at the same time, religious but also secular. I enjoy it nonetheless and I bet you will too. Listen to it!

Post a Comment